The University Symphonic Winds Ljubljana (UPOL)
invites you to participate at the
International Wind, Brass and Percussion Competititon “UPOL – ova svirel“
at the ` tanjel castle, 14th, 15th, and 16th February 2009.
Why participate at the “UPOL-ova svirel” competition?
- Because it promotes solo performers as well as orchestral performance.
- Because you will be examined by an international jury composed by renowned international musicians.
- Because the winner of the competition receives an art sculpture “UPOL-ova zlata svirel” and prize money, but also other attracting prizes will be awarded.
Some passages from the competition regulation:
- Sections: flute, clarinet, saxophone, oboe, bassoon, trumpet, horn, trombone, euphonium (baritone), tuba, percussions (drum-set, xylophone, marimba, and vibraphone).
- All the other versions of the primary instruments (for example piccolo, Es clarinet, bass clarinet, soprano saxophone, tuba in Es, B, F etc.) are also allowed.
- All competitors will present a programme of their own choice but it has to contain an orchestra part (or more parts) from the repertoire of wind and symphonic orchestras.
The registration fee is 60 EUR.
The registration to the competition includes also a free participation at a one-day seminar (16th February 2009) that will be held by internationally renowned musicians:
- Alea Kacjan – flute (Slovenia),
- Antonello Mazzucco – trombone, low brass (Italy),
- Nebojaa Jovan } ivkovic – percussions (Germany).
The attendance at the percussion seminar is limited only to competitors.
The application fee for the flute and low brass seminar for non-competitors is 30 EUR.
The attendance of teachers at the seminar will probably bring points for advancement.
To register and to find more information please contact the following addresses: